exida now offers convenient self-paced online training for those wanting to take their courses remotely.
The IEC 61508 standard for functional safety of electrical /electronic and programmable electronic systems, explains the concepts of safety integrity levels, the safety lifecycle, and many detail requirements needed to ensure functional safety. The standard is comprehensively reviewed, and documentation requirements, project implications, and maintenance/operational implications are explained. Also, checklists and other implementation tools are presented.
Skills You Will Learn:
- Understand the scope and general requirements of IEC 61508.
- Understand how to apply the safety lifecycle at a project level.
- Understand the basic requirements for product development.
- Understand software language requirements, test requirements and documentation requirements.
- Understand the concepts of FMEDA and probabilistic hardware analysis.
- Introduction to IEC 61508 Background
- The IEC 61508 Safety Lifecycle Project Engineering Flowchart
- Exercise Safety Integrity Levels (SIL)
- Exercise Probabilistic, Evaluation Techniques
- Project Operations and Maintenance
- General Product Development Process Requirements
- Product Requirements, Product Requirements, Diagnostics
- FMEDA analysis
- Language, Requirements
- Development Tool Requirements
- IEC61508 Company Implementation
Who Should Attend:
- Control Engineers
- Safety Engineers
- Risk Analysts
- Safety Equipment Development Engineers
Length: 10 Hours
Access Time: 60 Days
Presenter: Dr. William Goble, CFSE
The Course Manual will be mailed to you. Please provide the proper shipping address.