Safety Instrumented System Design: Techniques and Design Verification
Pickup currently unavailable
- Explains the advantages of the performance-based approach to design
- Discusses minimum redundancy concepts
- Addresses equipment qualification
- Provides the theoretical background for the probabilistic calculations that are the foundation of performance verification
- Covers recent advances in SIF verification modeling
- Provides numerous examples to explain potentially confusing language from IEC 61511 and IEC 61508
This is an excellent reference for professionals designing safety instrumented systems, as well as those who are seeking certification. Each chapter contains questions and answers similar to those found on professional certification exams for functional safety, and the appendices include statistics, probability, failure-rate data tables, and system architectures.
Length: 430 Pages
Available Formats: Paperback
Publisher: International Society of Automation
* Please note, customs duties and taxes may apply outside of the US. exida will not refund any books that are refused delivery.